Sit back first time buyers:
We’ve got your back
By Corinne Vaughan – Associate
As an aspiring first time buyer, you should be excited and looking forward to the thought of buying your dream home. Getting yourself on the property ladder is a massive step in your life and we want to be there for you every step of the way whether you are buying to move in, or buying as an investment.
Year on year research shows that buying a house is viewed as one of the most stressful things that can happen in life. We understand buying a house can seem like bumpy ride. For a first time buyer it can be considerably worrying or confusing, especially when stepping into the unknown, learning about how buying a house works.
As interest rates are rising and lenders are changing their lending criteria you may have many unanswered questions.
We are here to answer those questions and take the pressure away allowing you to sit back, enjoy the experience and look forward to moving into your new home.
3 reasons why buying a house can be so stressful
- The conveyancing process can seem to take ages. It can be frustrating when a solicitor does not update you, or offer a clear timeframe for how long things may take (or an update when curveballs pop up out of the blue).
- House buying is a step-by-step process. Often developments can be happening behind the scenes, such as a buyer’s solicitor negotiating with the seller’s solicitor, or waiting for property searches and more, so it can seem like nothing much is happening.
- Some of the legal jargon is difficult to understand, making it hard (especially for a first time buyer) to make decisions and understand the consequences of one choice over another.
Not all conveyancers are the same
A common question is: Which solicitor is best to use? We recommend you choose an experienced or recommended solicitor; someone friendly who you are comfortable talking with. They will be the one taking you through the house buying checklist and working on your behalf behind the scenes.
Choose experience over price. Our lawyers are skilled and have local knowledge. This means they can guide you step by step, explaining what freehold means or what completion means, reducing pressure throughout the experience. We even offer a roadmap guide to buying a house so you know exactly where you are up to and what to expect next!
When things change we work closely with you, guiding you through each stage as your purchase progresses. First time buyers often mention that they appreciate this attention to detail (see below).
We let you know when things are likely to go quiet while we work behind the scenes to keep things moving, and also when any ‘speedbumps’ appear on the horizon. In short, we are available to support you – and importantly for you, as a first time buyer, we do not hide behind emails or jargon and we will not leave you hanging around wondering what is happening.
What is the conveyancing process?
- When you request a quote, you will receive an item by item quote which explains everything clearly and transparently, and there are no hidden costs. If you shop around, make sure that the quotes you receive include ALL legal fees so there are no surprises later on. A quote which seems like great value at first may not end up as affordable in the end, if extra fees are added along the way.
- If you choose to work with us you will receive an introduction to your dedicated lawyer who along with their team will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. Our moto is ‘no question is a silly question’ (because it isn’t) so we encourage you to ask and prefer that you do!
- Throughout the process your dedicated support team will be available to guide you, and will keep you updated as and when things change. If things go quiet, then you can sit back knowing that our team is continuing to work in the background on your behalf to keep things moving forward. When there is an update or news, they will keep you in the loop – not in the dark!
- As a bonus, our lawyers are committed to 6 New Standards, making our service refreshingly different. As a first time buyer we want you to experience the wow service which we are known for, which year on year results in a high level of repeat recommendations and positive reviews.
- When moving-in day comes for our first-time buyers we share their excitement, proud that they have achieved this milestone – and of course we wish them all the best in their new home.
Google 5-Star review
James: “Daniel and Grace were absolutely incredible helping me and my partner manage the purchase of our first property, from start to finish the service was friendly, responses were fast, informative and extremely thorough. If anyone asks me which solicitor they should use for conveyancing I am going to highly recommend HM3 Legal. Big thank you to the both of them, I hope their efforts are recognised.” (James: Thank you and yes, Dan and Grace’s efforts are recognised!)
Trustpilot conveyancing review
Amir: “Theo, Sara and Christie have supported us throughout our conveyancing matter. They have been great all round, whenever you contact them they are always on hand to help and if they are busy they will contact you back within 12 hours. I would recommend them to anyone who’s buying a new house. It is a hassle free process with HM3 legal and they are keen to get the deal over the line which I’ve not had in the past with other solicitors firms. Thank you.” (Amir: Thanks from Theo, Sara and Christie – and the rest of the team!)
Now over to you …
If you would like to know more about the service we offer or you would like a free, no-obligation quote please call Corinne on 07464 491475.